Baldry Families

Leiston Photographs


Leiston St. Margaret's from the North

Leiston St. Margaret's from the South

Leiston Abbey

Across the fields from the North

Much needed repairs

Archaeologists at work

Later buildings were incorporated

Leiston Abbey was Premonstratensian foundation built about 1400 from materials salvaged from the Earlier Minsmere Abbey nearer the coast, which was liable to flooding. Stone being in short supply, they carried the old abbey over with them. It was 'dissolved' in 1537 by King Henry VIII & gradually crumbled but since the 1920s, efforts have been made to stop it crumbling further.

Back to the Family Tree Index Page

Back to the Leiston page

Return to the Baldry Index Page

Contact: Ken Baldry but bear in mind that everything he finds out, he puts on the web
17 Gerrard Road, Islington, London N1 8AY +44(0)20 7359 6294 but best to e-mail him
URL: Last revised 6/8/2004

Please find time to visit our sponsors,
Ken Baldry & Avis Saltsman